Tuesday, January 31, 2017

E-Governance at its best under Election Commission of India on February 4, 2017



The elections in five states will take place on February 4, 2017. The usual activities of training up to Polling Station is presently going on. For the Election Commission, it is their day to day activity. But, being a part of this activity at a Polling Station, I get the opportunity to get involved in the activity. It is an occasion to get a peep into the e-governance at its best.

The election has launched an Application/App called RO Net.

Today it is January 31, 2017. From the App, I know where I will be posted on February 4, 2017. The names of the members of my team along with their phone numbers are available. The phone number of the RO along with his name, designation, who is the present Deputy Commissioner of the District is already in its place. I have to just click the icon, and I will be connected to the person. Similarly, the phone numbers and the names of the Supervisor, the local Deputy Superintendent of Police of the area, the SHO of the local thana are already displayed there. The whole electoral Roll, complete with the names and the EPIC numbers is there.

The most fascinating thing was that the ARO, who was entrusted with the task of imparting the training who had kept announcing that the place of the posting and the name of the supervisor would be provided on February 3, 2017. I believe the person had the update it would be updated in the App but somehow the person kept on making such announcement. Or it may be that she was instructed to reveal much about the contents of the App.

If this is the format of the e-governance which is going to come into play in India in the administration, then the day is not far off that the intellectuals and scholars who had declared India a Soft State, will have to revisit their conclusion. They had declared that India is a Soft State because Indians suffer from social and economic indiscipline and there was no near possibility that they could overcome this. With the right absorption of the technology in the Civil Administration, things can change. It is an example that this App is raising the hope that the change is around the corner.

But there is a doubt. What will happen to Juggad Technology of Indians?

अरे भाई भारत की जुग्गाड़ टेक्नोलॉजी का क्या होगा?

However, I will like to make an emphatic caution and express some doubts. While posting this post, I found that the 4g internet connection was not sustaining. It has taken me nearly 30 minutes to log on.  Thank god, the electricity was not interrupted. I had already written on my notepad and then posted it. I can not directly type on blogger. I had some very bad experiences when internet availability and supply of electricity ditched me. 

A lot has to be done. India is still a SOFT STATE. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search 2.0